Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Silver Bullet

Here I go again, read a part in a book that I thought I should share in the Blog World. And here it goes:

The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

"Knowledge is power, but most importantly, knowledge saves us time. I realized that from that day forward I would be spared hours and hours of waiting by the phone, hours and hours of obsessing with my girlfriends, hours and hours of just hoping his mixed messages meant "I'm in love with you and want to be with you". It's hard. We're taught that in life, we should try to look on the bright side, to be optimistic. Not in this case. In this case, look on the dark side. Assume rejection first. Assume you're the rule, not the exception. It's intoxicatingly liberating. But we also know it's not an easy concept. Because this is what we do: we go out with someone, we get excited about them, and they do something that mildly disappoints us. Then they keep doing a lot more things that disappoint us. Then we go into hyper-excuse mode for weeks or possibly months, because the last thing we want to think is that this great man that we are so excited about is in the process of turning into a creep. We try to come up with some explanation, no matter how ridiculous, than the one explanation that's the truth: He's just not that into me."



All of this while I'm watching Wedding Crashers, myspace-ing it, google-ing tattoo designs, thinking of Vegas on March 28th for Spring Break with my favorite people, and being SICK. You know, for some reason I was in this mode of hoping to meet a dude with swagger that's interested. And, for some reason, I've been hoping some dudes that I've met were that dude. But, of course, they weren't. Good guys, I would have to say... just not into me. Harsh thought, but it's a harsh thought that girls never want to consider. I've been around my guy friends to understand that if a guy were to not be interested to just let it go. And, I've been around my guy friends to understand that they don't exactly say "hey look, i'm just not into you" to the girls they've met. They just don't keep in contact with the girl and not give a f&^% after. They'll stay acquaintances, but that's where it stops there. It's that guy mentality that doesn't care or at least acts like they don't care and they do but they just don't show it. WHICH, I believe, is the easiest defense mechanism. Now, I'm not here to write about how sad I am or kawawa my face is because I'm not. I'm just giving a little insight. After reading this part of the book, I thought it was pretty true about how girls look into some situations with prospective love interests. Ladies, we need to stop being soft and hoping that love could miraculously appear in dudes that we hope would fall for us as much as we believe we're falling for them. I've heard many guys say 'fuck bitches, get money' and I believe the same saying should be said by us, too. What can I say?

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. hahaha

    a lady friend left this at my apartment last year and told me to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Is there something you would like to say?