Tuesday, May 13, 2008

if you want it, go get it.

so i applied to a foundation called the T. Howard Foundation that is comprised of different host companies in the multimedia entertainment industry and connects their members to these host companies for internships and/or jobs. I applied in December and did great with numerous phone interviews. i did have my doubts, but fortunately i got accepted into the foundation as a member. at this point, i just had to wait until they could find a place for me in this huge industry.

Last month, I got a phone call from the foundation asking me for permission to send my resume to NBC/Universal. UMM... OF COURSE! The following week I received a phone call from NBC/Universal and set up a date and time for a phone interview. CHECK! Got that over with and had a good conversation. i had my doubts but who wouldn't?! they gave me a small task and i handled it. phone call again to schedule another phone interview with the NBC Director of Social Media. Conversation went pretty good again. Just yesterday I get a phone call that I got it! WOO HOO!

So what now? Well since I'm representing the T. Howard Foundation there's an orientation in Washington, D.C. from June 3rd-6th. Ahhhh! i'm so excite! hahaha yes i did realize i typed "excite" instead of "excited" because that's exactly what i told Sheena. hahahaha. I've never traveled somewhere by myself where I don't know anybody there. This is gonna be an interesting short trip. D.C. and NBC (Burbank), here I come!





to add to what i have learned this year by far:

-you have to want it to get it. (no sexual connotation intended)

1 comment:

Is there something you would like to say?