Sunday, October 14, 2007

Keepin' Busy


Recap:
last friday... sat two hours in traffic while heading to moreno valley to meet with anybody and everybody at BJ's. THANKS to those who came. My two pitchers were great. just great. hit the spot from a crazy few weeks of sighs and omg's. went to older sister's house in murrieta. and I swear foe Gah, the nightsky was beautiful. that will definitely be my spot for lEMOnade.

saturday... woke up a bit late to get ready for a wedding at 11am with sister erica. totally missed the ceremony, but we were right on time with the reception. by noon, had a drink. the cake was definitely creative. each layer were cupcakes with gerber daisies surrounding them. fyi: gerber daisies are my favorite. Congrats Mike&Nikka. trespassed old property and picked up a few goods. headed back to the Beach and chilled with a few friends. Ate at a fish grill in Gardena. pretty good... like food coma-good. thanks guys! afterwards, watched a movie based on the true story of Buddy Holly. a good flick, check it out.



today... i kicked it at my dad's house in city of industry. got there at 10am. had breakfast with auntie (his wifey), dad, and little big brother junior (or U-nior). =) little brother and i watched Dr.DoLittle 3 and laughed at the corny jokes that only play on ABC family. all the while, dad and auntie benita were in the kitchen cooking for lunch. two hours later they made me and little brother eat again. fooood coma. geez, but hey... i was grateful because it's not often that there's food at the ready. my dad insisted that i pick some persimmons and lime from their backyard in which i did. it kind of reminded me of cherry picking in banning. anyways... around one-pm, i went to drop off my car at costco to whip on some new BF goodrich tires. went back to the house to wait for my car to be ready. watched a quarter of Jet Li's Fearless and then picked up my car and headed back to the Beach. Tired as I was from having a long day so far, Cousin Daniel calls me to go hit some golfballs and pick up some starbucks. Perfect timing, because I was just thinking about going to the driving range but didn't quite want to go by myself. And, I had picked up my old clubs from the MV house just for moments like these. went to the driving range and chilled at the top deck/level. used my 7 iron mostly. but cousin's 3 driver. =) thanks to gent/jason/ivan i picked up hitting some balls at the driving range about a year or so ago.

<-- this picture was taken about a year and a half ago at the golf club in corona/norco, right off the 15 freeway.


Whenever I feel lonely, I try to keep busy. I can't help it. I need a hobby. I miss drawing/sketching. And a funny tiny thought came up when my dad asked me to draw me and him when I get the chance. I thought to myself "damn, i haven't done that in a while". cute thought, coming from father. but it was bigger than that, i miss finding the time to put into a therapeutic hobby. if that makes sense whatsoever. hitting balls at the driving range is one of them. hitting up the bowling alley. shooting around. sketching in my black sketch book. walking/jogging at the park. just as long as i'm not sitting still unless it's night time. I just can't handle sitting still sometimes. it gives my mind time to think of the crazy/sad thoughts that go through my head and contributes to me having my emo moments. and as much as i shouldn't be thinking these thoughts all at once and as much, it's inevitable. I can do this; I can handle it. At least that's what I keep telling myself. It gets me through the day. And, that's just the way it is.




gotcha!

2 comments:

  1. i wish i saw you on friday! hmmf

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets go to the driving range and then go sketch people at starbucks after (:

    ReplyDelete

Is there something you would like to say?