so would thinking someone's way out of your league stop you from pursuing them? or vice versa? would having someone think you're way out of their league stop you from looking their way? why have leagues? if it's there, it's there. assuming we know what "it" is. i would think "it" is the connection that draws you to another person; be it attraction physically or mentally.
leagues. leagues are levels. levels of maturity, responsibility, goals, aspirations, values, beliefs, hobbies, interests, dislikes, etc. that represent you or that you represent. others may be on your "level", close to it, far from it, or just on a different plank. this doesn't quite mean that you're superior or inferior to someone else or masses of people. this is just where you are at the present moment. that wraps up the "nice way" of looking at it.
anyways, i was going to elaborate more on this. but i lost my train of thought. ah well. i'll get back to this, but you can comment if you'd like. =)
i think the term "out of my league" stems from league, meaning a measurement of depth in water. kinda like kilometers, but I think they're a further distance.
ReplyDeletenow that i've gone all Ron Burgandy on you, I kinda do believe in leagues when it comes to women. I'm no Orlando Bloom, hell I'm not even a Matt Damon, so I know that when it comes to attracting someone, I rely on my personality a lot.
I think the prospect of a woman being "out of my league" is based on surface attractions. Physical attributes, style, swagg. Granted my attraction to her would be based off the same intial prospects.
Basically, you figure that there are guys with 10x the swagg that hit up this honey on the regular, and for someone like myself to think that I could have her if i have a few weeks to grow on her just doesn't cut it.
Thus placing her "out of my league."
Thoughts?
i definitely understand what you mean by "being based on surface attractions". because first impressions are based on what you see, and what you see is the first impression.
ReplyDelete