Long beach gets down, do you? I'm sitting here at a small table waiting for my friend to fly in. He needed a ride home and I was able to help. Although, he told me 6 and it is now 6:36pm. Maybe he didn't know or they switched it up on him. The next flight coming in from the bay doesn't come in until 7:19pm. Soooo, I guess I'll wait until then to confirm when I should leave. I mean, I'm not that far from the long beach airport if he hits me up later. I'm just trying not to exceed that 2 hour max. Short term parking. Know what I mean? Airports these days... Smh.
And smh to this guy who's on his phone with his "sweetheart". (Please say that in a new york accent because he is). He's super short too. I can take him. One of those guys with a nice voice and accent, but you look at him and its like "ya gotta be kiddin' me". He calls his girl "ma". Cute, I guess. But one thing I've learned is that grown men call many females sweet names whether they're girlfriends or girl friends. There's a difference. Yes, there is. Space or no space; differentiate. Names: ma, babe, or beb, sweetie, hun, cutie, etc. However, "baby" is different. I think.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
"baby"/"babe" is totally different from the rest of those pet names.
ReplyDeleteAGREED.
you know, i kinda like when guys are able to call their girlfriends "ma" But not every guy is able to do it, I guess you have to have to right type of...swagger?... i don't think that's the word i'm looking for...but nonetheless not everyone can say it. it's cute sometimes i guess. too hood for me though if you ask me. :p
ReplyDeletesuuper feelin' you mah. And i'm guilty of callin' the homegirls that are close to me "sweetheart".
ReplyDeleteYou know what's interesting though. I was watchin' Baby Boy on BET, that one movie with Tyrese (don't hate). And the beginning dialogue went somethin' like: Black men aren't ready to be adults. We call our girlfriends "baby" and our homes our "cribs".
Which then, in turn, reminds me of that Little Brother track Slow It Down when he says "I'm tryna man up, see whats really good with ya. Gentlemen's approach, not bring it hood to ya. Same things that you hear everyday like "Hey mah, hey boo, baby whats you're name?".
Maybe its all about our state of mind, maturity, and where we are in life.